If you are contemplating whether a gentle and neutral-toned theme would be a perfect fit for your child's room, then this blog post is for you!
We have selected some of our favourite neutral-toned nurseries and kids bedroom spaces to share with you. We hope it will give you inspiration to start creating the nursery or kids bedroom of your (and your child's) dreams.
Here are some reasons why we think this theme would be a great choice:
1. Gender neutrality: By opting for a neutral colour palette, such as whites, beiges, or pastels, you can create a space that is suitable for both boys and girls. It eliminates the need to adhere to traditional gender stereotypes and allows for greater flexibility in design and décor choices. Here is a gorgeous neutral nursery by @__thenguyens with our Multi-coloured diamond rug (coming back soon!).
2. Timeless: Embracing neutral tones brings a timeless quality to your child's space. Opting for a neutral theme ensures a smooth transition from nursery to toddler room and beyond, without the need for big design changes. It creates a versatile backdrop that effortlessly accommodates changing preferences and interests, making it a welcoming and adaptable space for your child's journey of growth and self-expression. Kahlia from @a.mothers.bond did just that with this amazing soft blue toned bedroom space. Featured in this room is our large mustard dot rug.
3. Calming environment: Soft, muted colours often create a peaceful and calming atmosphere, which can be beneficial for babies and young children. Neutral tones promote a sense of tranquillity and relaxation, which can help with sleep and overall well-being. This stunning nursery by US-based @songofhouse is one of those spaces, using different materials and soft tones to create an inviting and calm space for her and her little one. Featured in this room is our large green checker rug.
4. Visual flexibility: Neutral colours act as a blank canvas, allowing you to incorporate various accent colours and patterns as desired. You can easily introduce pops of colour through furniture, bedding, curtains, artwork, or accessories, enabling you to personalise the space while still maintaining an overall cohesive and harmonious look. This gorgeous and funky nursery by @gemma__simpson is a great example. We love the pops of purple with the neutral background and our multi-coloured diamond rug.
5. Adaptability: Neutral tones work well with different design styles. Whether you prefer a minimalist, Scandinavian, or eclectic approach, neutral backgrounds provide a versatile foundation that can accommodate various aesthetics. This beautiful calming space by @littlewoodhouse has really nailed the neutral look! Featured in this space is our 140x200cm black dot rug.